Microsoft has released new cumulative updates for all the UC Clients and the OCS Server.
The April 2010 cumulative update for Communicator 2007 R2 can be found here: Description of the cumulative update package for Communicator 2007 R2: April 2010
This update brings the Communicator version up to 3.5.6907.196 from the last update in January 2010 (3.5.6907.83).
It mostly addresses minor issues with the possible exception of these 2 issues:
1) “Microsoft Office Communicator may no longer make daily synchronize changes to its address book“. If an OCS administrator had made manual updates to the OCS address book files, Communicator would take a long time to synchronize it’s address book and see those changes.
2) “When a delegate tries to use the Conferencing Add-in for Outlook to schedule a live meeting or to schedule a conference on behalf of a manager, the delegate’s information instead of the manager’s information displays in the conferencing request” (KB 971628). Note: to resolve #971628 you will need the April 2010 Communicator 2007 R2 update along with 2 other updates:
- Description of the update for Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook: July 2009
- Description of the update package for Office Communications Server 2007 R2: July, 2009
There are also April 2010 update for Live Meeting and the Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook:
- Live Meeting client update for April 2010: Description of the update package for the Windows-based Live Meeting 2007 client: April 2010.
- Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook: April 2010: Description of the update for the Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Outlook: April 2010.
The new cumulative updates for all the OCS 2007 R2 server roles can be found here: Updates for Communications Server 2007 R2 (KB 968802).
Net new updates are available for the Standard/Enterprise Front-End & Back-End, Application Sharing, Audio/Video Conferencing, CWA, Conferencing Attendant, Mediation Server, Outside Voice Control, and the Web Conferencing server.